FEAR

Forgetting Everything And Run..... Or...... Face Everything And Rise!

Isaiah 41:10New King James Version (NKJV)

10 Fear not, for I am with you;
Be not dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you,
Yes, I will help you,
I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.’


Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Give Thanksgiving in all Circumstances


One of my greatest fears is the fear the depression will return. My greatest hope is that when it does, Jesus will walk me thru it like the many times before. God promises that NOTHING can separate us from the love of God, not anything you are going through right now, no thoughts, actions, anything that you face.  It is the same with anxiety.  We can begin to fear the anxiety rather than the cause of it.  Knowing this can help you to overcome it.  Relaxing your body, beginning at the top of your head and going through each body part can help you to relax your body focusing on positive thoughts, "I am loved", "I am blessed",  "I feel hope".  Pick one of these and repeat it to yourself.  Practice taking in deep breaths, inhaling and exhaling slowly, slowing your breathing.
We do not have to be anxious.  God’s word says we are loved by Him, cared for by the one true God.  His love goes down into our inner being.  He knows us intricately, down into the marrow of our bones.  He formed us and promises never to leave us alone to deal with the cares of this world and afflictions we face.  This is a daily relationship, not a one time fix.  At times, we want it to be over or better immediately.  During these times, ask God what I can learn during these trials.  Afterwards, you can look back and say thank you for the grace you showed me and transforming me to be more like you. Savor your in depth conversations with the Lord. They will carry you and draw you closer to Him to be more like Him. When thoughts of self- doubt or judgment of others comes, replace those thoughts with those times that they did give you affirmation and approval.   Irrational thinking will happen.  Recognize it for what it is.  Use these coping skills to combat it and always with thanksgiving.  Write down each day what you are grateful for.  I do this as I lay in bed before I get up to praise God for His blessings for me today.

 God Bless You on Your Journey in Life.

Have a Blessed and Gracious Thanksgiving,

Deb

Scripture of Hope

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.  And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.”  Philippians 4:6-7

 

When you are down, music lifts the soul.  Sing even when you don't feel like it.  Praise to God gives Him glory and honors Him in your life.

“You Never Let Go”  Passion  Matt Redman

Link to song:
http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=you+never+let+go+passion&FORM=VIRE2#view=detail&mid=E0F1D9C7AF20455D4F03E0F1D9C7AF20455D4F03

No comments:

Post a Comment