FEAR

Forgetting Everything And Run..... Or...... Face Everything And Rise!

Isaiah 41:10New King James Version (NKJV)

10 Fear not, for I am with you;
Be not dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you,
Yes, I will help you,
I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.’


Monday, January 5, 2015

In our Weakness, He Is Strong


In this world, there is so much that can overwhelm a person, finances, relationships, workload, and on it goes.  And throw depression and anxiety in the mix and you can get overloaded quickly.  We live in a society that says it needs to be done now, no time for quiet time with God and serving others.

God did not make us to live under this type of stress.  He promised that He would give us a Helper that would live within us and comfort us, the Holy Spirit.  Paul understood that in his own limited power, he could not do the work for which God had called him. But, by admitting his own limitations, he opened the door for God to work powerfully.

We should have the same attitude as Paul. Instead of relying on our own strength, we should trust in God to supply the power. Then we can say along with Paul, “When I am weak, then I am strong.” (2 Corinthians 12:10) Take the opportunity to thank God for your weaknesses. Through the depression, I have had to rely on God’s strength.  He always gives help to make it through the most difficult times and days.  If there is a specific area you are struggling in, ask Him to give you the power to serve Him to the best of your ability and to do the things that bring glory to Him.  He is able to work through us in spite of our weakness.  Don’t let satan tell you that you are weak and useless because you have depression or anxiety.  Jesus thought you were worth dying for and loves you more than you can imagine.

Say this prayer each time you feel weak or useless.  God wants to use us to bring glory to Himself.

Lord, help me see my weaknesses as opportunities for You to show Your power. I offer me limitations to You today. I’m trusting You to do what I cannot. Amen.

Blessings,

Debra

Song to Listen to:
“Everything I Need” Kutless


 
Scripture for Today:

"Likewise the Spirit also helps in our weaknesses. For we do not know what we should pray for as we ought, but the Spirit Himself makes intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. Now He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He makes intercession for the saints according to the will of God." Romans 8:26-27

 

No comments:

Post a Comment