FEAR

Forgetting Everything And Run..... Or...... Face Everything And Rise!

Isaiah 41:10New King James Version (NKJV)

10 Fear not, for I am with you;
Be not dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you,
Yes, I will help you,
I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.’


Thursday, September 18, 2014

“FEARLESS”

                As I set out on this journey of thinking how to help other women overcome their fears associated with depression, I began to accumulate ways that I have battled depression over the years. Below are some of the ways I have combated the feelings of depression.  Satan’s attacks come when we are at our weakest.  These tips have helped me to realize we live victorious over this disease.  I hope this will help you to realize that you are a child of the Great King as a believer and no one can harm you without His permission.  If you are not a born again Christian, invite Christ into your heart today.  That has been a safe haven for me, knowing that He has his hand of protection over me.

Actions You Can Take to Combat Depression

-Care (antidepressants, herbs, natural supplements; counseling)

-Show compassion for others (Reach out to others and lend a hand)

-Create gratitude journal (Record things you are grateful for each day)

-Exercise each day, even a walk helps

-Have a pet

Know others care about you and treat it as the disease it is. There is no need to feel shame. Talk about it, do not hide it.   You may be surprised at the people who are suffering just as you do.  

Stay close to God through prayer, daily Bible reading, and fellowhip with other believers.  Ask others to pray over you. "Confess to one another therefore your faults (your slips, your false steps, your offenses, your sins) and pray [also] for one another, that you may be healed and restored [to a spiritual tone of mind and heart]. The earnest (heartfelt, continued) prayer of a righteous man makes tremendous power available [dynamic in its working].” James 5:16 (Amplified Bible)

Timothy 1:7 “ For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.”





4 comments:

  1. As someone who has lived with depression my whole life, I know here is hope, and His name is Jesus Christ. Take the first step and invite Him into your life, because He loves you. He will give you the strength to take the next steps. Thanks for sharing your personal walk with depression, Deb, and may God bless you and your efforts! We are not alone! You go, girl!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Layne for your response and including how to become a believer. Accepting Christ's free gift of salvation is the first step to true peace and joy. God bless you on your journey.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for this Deb. I stand with you as a fellow friend who also struggles with depression. God is enough, Jesus is Healer, and He is Emmanuel-God with us-even at our darkest. xo

    ReplyDelete